Hill Robinson is a leading independent yacht management company, looking after some of the world’s most spectacular superyachts. We offer unparalleled services to our clientele from our 12 bases worldwide to assist in running their yachts and estates safely and efficiently and providing a fantastic service to enable our clients to enjoy their luxury asset.
We are growing and have a really exciting opportunity for a newly created role as Technical Superintendent.
- A successful Technical Superintendent (TS) with Hill Robinson will be able to demonstrate significant experience and knowledge of engineering systems, their maintenance and required safety management practices on board large yachts and / or other relevant ships. The candidate will possess strong technical skills and have a drive to progress, as well as excellent administrative skills and financial acumen. Report writing and budget control is a key priority in this role.
- The TS will be the yachts principal point of contact on all technical matters and provide emergency technical support. The TS will be fully integrated into and work closely with the Client Service Team members, comprised of Fleet Yacht Managers and Account Managers, as well as with the Compliance Department, and Refit Project Managers and be responsible for overseeing the day to day technical requirements, handle insurance claims, perform or assist during ISM/ISPS/MLC Internal Audits on behalf of the Company, maintain yacht’s Class & Flag certification, attend onboard Class & Flag surveys for the yacht(s) under his/her responsibility. The TS will proactively follow-up on ISM matters, Defects, Non-conformities, and Incidents as may be of a technical nature whether in Engineering, Deck, Bridge, IT, Interior and Galley Departments
- Running Cost Budgets – The TS will be responsible to accurately predict all and any running costs related to the technical operation of the vessels, including but not limited to Fuel, and other technical consumables; spare parts required for any eventuality when operating in remote locations etc.
- TS will be responsible in part for helping with planning refit / maintenance periods. This will be a direct cooperation with Refit Project Managers to ensure all and any information regarding technical problems or planned maintenance of systems and all required Class and Flag Surveys are planned for and required technical work specifications are included the worklist and planning.
- Technical management throughout the operational life of a fleet of Superyachts.
- Provide continuous support in the event of systems failure, spares, and emergency response team coordination,
- Provide general technical and commercial advice and guidance,
- Drafting / establishing and monitoring yacht’s maintenance budgets in close cooperation with Yacht and Accounts Managers.
- Handle Yacht Insurance Claims of a technical and physical damage nature.
- Provide regular, periodical technical reports to management and owners,
- Liaise with Yacht Managers for the smooth running of the yachts.
- Assistance to other departments (e.g., accounts with accounting returns, budgets, fund requests, invoicing approvals, owner reports).
- Ensure that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are in order.
- In direct liaison with the Compliance department, acquire the correct interpretation of Class Rules and other related regulations for each vessel. Monitor survey schedules and liaise with Class and Flag surveyors, to plan maintenance work periods.
- Promoting the effective use of the Planned Maintenance System, while ensuring it is updated with OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), Class, Flag and management requirements.
- Working with the Compliance Managers and DPA in reviewing reported non-conformities and defects, analyzing, and introducing measures to prevent reoccurrence via direct discussion of root cause analysis with the senior responsible crew members.
- Undertaking internal audits on-board (for ISM Qualified Auditors) and/or perform Technical Inspections as part of the Internal Audits performed by the Compliance team, ensuring any items that may be raised during external inspections are clearly reported and addressed in advance of Class or Flag audits.
- Provide continuous support in the event of system failures, spares and emergency response team coordination.
- Responsible in part for helping with planning refit / maintenance periods. This will be a direct cooperation with Refit Project Managers to ensure all and any information regarding technical problems or planned maintenance of systems and all required Class and Flag Surveys are planned for and required technical work specifications are included the worklist and planning.
- Identify new opportunities through captains, shipyards, or other means where company technical services may be beneficial.
- Negotiate Vendor / Contractor rates for the company and related fleet vessels.
- Participate in boat shows and industry events as applicable.
- Knowledge and ability to perform Condition Surveys and Pre-Purchase surveys.
Experience & Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a very strong / proven technical background, possibly as a Marine Engineer or extensive experience in a similar / relevant technical role.
- Will have ideally spent extensive time at sea in a technical role, preferably on a superyacht, with in-depth maintenance experience and a firm understanding of other maritime engineering principles.
- Will have Planned Maintenance system experience.
- Will have extensive experience with ISM systems (ideally Auditor level), compliance and risk management, yacht maintenance organisation,
- Will be willing to travel extensively (likely over 120 days annually) and be prepared to spend significant time in the Middle East during the fleets operational season.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Must be proficient in reading/ writing/ speaking English
Head of L&D Business Unit
North West based, UK
The role of the Head of L&D Business Unit for our Elite Academy is a combination of business development, day-to-day management, influence and effective harnessing and coordination of activities to ensure the goals are met and clients’ needs are delivered in a professional and timely way.
- Build a profitable commercial entity by creating a value proposition that offers development programmes that meet the requirements of our clients
- As this is a multi-stakeholder environment, project management and prioritisation of concurrent projects to ensure seamless delivery against our promise and within budget is key
- Communicate openly with key stakeholders (preferred suppliers, internal teams) keeping them fully informed of any changes and ongoing projects
- Strategically match the needs of the client to programme outcomes to ensure we meet the objective and brief
- Support our corporate team and clients with personal and professional development programmes to ensure they are well cared for, developed and supported
- Work as an integrated part of the team to promote Hill Robinson’s Elite Academy
- Maintain the high standard expected for an employee of Hill Robinson and be an ambassador of the organisation values
- Manage and implement the strategy through the people lens, collaborating with key stakeholders within and external to our business
- Partner with our chosen service provider to ensure content and delivery is meeting expectations within the business
- Explore business opportunities through establishing strong relationships
- Create effective proposals that accurately describe our offering in a professional and inspiring manner
- Ensure professional programme content is created, tailored and delivered to meet the needs of our clients
- Ensure common working practices and reporting formats are adhered to and deadlines are maintained and met
- Effectively manage and take accountability for the budget, scope of works and timeframes and ensure variances are justified and reported
- Promote Elite Academy internally and externally and explore business development and cross selling opportunities for the Company
- Create effective proposals that accurately describe our offering, outcomes and budget
- Responsible for decision making within Elite Academy
- Create a profitable business unit that offers value to our clients
- Build up relationships with key stakeholders including preferred suppliers, internal client service teams, general managers, and clients
- Evaluate the need, and give valued input, into technical and specialist training
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders; create, implement, and oversee the onboarding requirements and learning journey of team members when joining the company as well as when moving into new roles. This is for both Corporate as well as for clients.
Experience & Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Business development background, with a proven track record of successfully running an income generating business unit
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or environment, ideally in a service-related environment
- Experience in overseeing training, development, and organisational support within a global company
- Knowledge and experience with LMS (Cornerstone experience highly advantageous)
- Professional communication skills and understanding of the impact of all communication
- Experienced in Microsoft Office programmes
ERP Implementation Project Manager
The ERP Project Manager position is a new role within Hill Robinson, a leading independent provider of yacht management and other related services. HRG operates from a network of 12 offices and through rapid business growth now employees over 200 people worldwide.
Recognising an opportunity to build upon an excellent track record and sustained success in delivering to its clients. HRG has started a transformation programme, through investment in its business service functions, including a search for its 1st ERP system. Phase 1 of this search has now concluded with initial requirements scoping and selection of a shortlist of potential products and we are ready to start phase 2 of final vendor selection and implementation.
During this initial fixed term (18-24 month) appointment, the ERP PM will have overall responsibility to develop and oversee project governance and execution of this business-critical project. They will lead project teams, drive accountability and partner with internal resources and external product vendors. An ability to effectively communicate and influence a variety of stake holders, from Board level downwards is essential.
Extensive project management experience is essential, preferably with a relevant qualification e.g., Prince II. However more important is a successful track record in delivering Tier 2 ERP implementations, e.g. SAP Business By Design, Sage X3, Unit 4 etc. in a multi-site international context.
This role may also suit a qualified finance professional that has gained in-house ERP project management experience, or someone that has worked in an ERP consultancy environment.
- Partner with CFO and Executive team to lead this business-critical project
- Develop and manage project governance including Steering Committee, project team meetings etc
- Provide regular budget and status reports to ERP Steering Committee to ensure the project is appropriately resourced and supported
- Act as primary interface to business units during all phases of the project
- Lead detailed user requirements and project definition processes
- Complete vendor selection process (Phase 2) through to engagement of preferred solution
- Implement project delivery framework and team selection
- Drive accountability in the ERP project team and deliver project success
- Co-ordinate vendor activities
- Monitor and manage implementation risks, opportunities, and issues
- Effectively identify and govern change as project priorities develop
- Own communication of the project to the wider stakeholder community
- Own UAT process and general training/ roll out of services to users
- Co-ordinate activity with Group IT function
- Align programme with other IT transformation projects
Experience & Skills
- Relevant professional qualification (finance related is desirable) or Degree/ equivalent
- Good working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Extensive experience in selection and implementation of Tier 2 ERP projects with a proven track record of full lifecycle finance system implementations
- Excellent all round IT skills (Office, project, SharePoint etc) and an ability to utilise latest technologies to drive efficiencies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on approach, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Pro-active and effective communicator, comfortable in engaging with all levels within and without finance team
- Quick learner and able to deal with complex unstructured issues
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently in order achieve deadlines
- Sound judgment, knowing when to escalate issues in a timely manner
- Flexible and willing to support other team members
- Maintains high standards of professionalism and confidentiality
- HRG is a multinational business, with its group finance function based in North Wales
- As such, the post holder is required to be on site 3 days per week and can expect regular travel to subsidiaries throughout the duration of this assignment
HR Generalist, Group
Conwy/ Chester, UK
To contribute to the success of the HR function in Hill Robinson by providing support to the Group HR function. Carrying out administrative and HR support to assist with resourcing and other HR activities. Work globally and support the delivery and governance of the day-to-day HR operations, carrying out administrative, and provide first-line support and advice. To be the SME for our HRIS system, BambooHR working with local HR to ensure our data is accurate and maintained.
- Support HR in ensuring that HR frameworks, tools, policies and procedures are up to date, accurate and easily accessible including HR aspects of the Hill Robinson Playbook, HR Comms on the Intranet and our HRIS system.
- Provide support to the corporate recruitment process in times of peaks and holiday cover; ensuring appropriate administrative, compliance and a consistent candidate experience.
- Work with Group HR colleagues, our Academy and Group HR team to implement an effective on-boarding process.
- Support surveys on engagement, onboarding etc. and collaborate with Group and local HR on focus, output and priorities to make positive improvement.
- Support managers with the new hire review process working with Group HR, local HR and managers, utilising HRIS accordingly.
- Support operational Reward and Recognition activities, including annual salary reviews, salary benchmarking and incentive schemes, interfacing with local teams where appropriate.
- To support the Group Head of Human Resources on the process, maintenance and output of PDR’s (Priority and Development Reviews).
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the local HR Teams, by supporting and acting as their trusted advisor.
- Provide administrative support to the Group Head of HR, including diary management, and note taking at HR meetings.
- Work with Group HR in undertaking specific and ad hoc project work and programmes.
- Work with Marketing to ensure all people information is current and kept up to date on the company website.
- 1st line for employee relations, up to the level of Head of Department.
Experience & Skills
- HR administration experience, with strong attention to detail and eye for accuracy.
- Experience of working with a computerised HR Management Information system (HRIS); a working knowledge of BambooHR would be an advantage.
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment with a willingness to adopt a hands-on approach.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good client service skills, with confidence in speaking with employees and Line Managers.
- Professional relevant qualification in Human Resource Management (CIPD or equivalent), or willingness to study towards it.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy (MS Office).
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator supports the delivery and governance of the day-to-day HR operations for the IOM team, carrying out administration as well as maintaining employee records in the HRIS system (BambooHR).
The HR Coordinator will provide first-line support and advice and requires complete confidentiality. The HR Coordinator will liaise with Hill Robinson Group HR team to ensure the IOM is aligned with Group HR policies and procedures.
The role will also involve: management of recruitment process, payroll administration of the different payrolls maintained in IOM, supporting staff development and training.
- Maintain and update employee policy documents in conjunction with Group Human Resources
- Ensure that new IOM HR policy/decisions are aligned with Hill Robinson Group HR Policy
- Maintain (electronic) confidential files of employment and consultancy contracts
- Manage HR records on BambooHR and other Group IT systems
- Maintain all leave and absence records on BambooHR
- Ensure that Human Resources frameworks, tools, policies and procedures are up to date, accurate and easily accessible
- Prepare monthly summary reports of headcount
- Manage recruitment process for new staff using Hill Robinson recruitment processes and BambooHR hiring platform
- Manage the Onboarding of team members, including IT set up, working with IT service providers to establish systems access
- Deal with Offboarding of team members
- Manage preparation of monthly payroll for: Isle of Man, United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, International payroll – Portia and Aviation Cell (Guernsey)
- Ensure payroll payments and deductions are fully support by documentation
- Manage payroll review and approval process roll
- Liaise with payroll providers and ensure payroll funding is received by them on time
- Prepare monthly accounting summary and monthly re-invoicing summary
- Manage staff training requests and arrange courses through Elite Academy Online
- Manage staff appraisals (annual and interim) and ensure one-to-one sessions are documented in accordance with Group HR Policy/requirements
Experience & Skills
- Graduate, preferred
- CIPD an advantage, consideration will be given to applicants with demonstrable HR experience
- 2-5 years of payroll and HR administration experience required
- Experience of working with a computerised HR Management Information system (HRIS); a working knowledge of BambooHR would be an advantage
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy (MS Office, excel, word, outlook etc)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Good attention to detail and an eye for accuracy
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment with a willingness to adopt a hands-on approach
- Self-motivated and good at solving problems in own area
- Good client service skills, with confidence in speaking with employees and Line Managers
Reporting directly to the Company’s Directors and the Group’s CFO, the CFO will lead the Company from a financial perspective. The Company is involved in luxury property management and hospitality services, and the CFO will take ownership of the Company’s fiscal and regulatory matters, work alongside other finance team members and liaise with suppliers.
- Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the Client’s Representatives, external partners, Executive Committee and all team members.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary. Support, mentor and develop the Finance and Procurement teams.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, auditing, and cash flow management.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Work on financial and management reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, or as required).
- Develop, maintain and apply all Policies & Procedures that have a financial impact on the Company’s activities.
- Responsible for understanding and following the terms of the Management Agreement.
Experience & Skills
- Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a lead accounting role.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including experience with budget management and cash flow.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Fort Lauderdale, USA
Hill Robinson is a leading independent yacht management company, looking after some of the world’s most spectacular superyachts. We offer unparalleled services to our clientele from our 11 bases worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently and providing all the ancillary services required by these luxury assets and for the clients that enjoy them. Our expertise and highly qualified team provide the full range of services and essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
Our Fort Lauderdale office seeks a qualified Yacht Manager demonstrating significant experience and knowledge of the yachting industry.
This position involves working to ensure resources are in place for the smooth and safe operation of our fleet vessels. Areas of responsibility include safety and compliance administration, technical and emergency support, crew management, financial administration and shore side support. The Yacht Manager is the central point of contact for all vessel operations and is responsible for regular reporting to the owner.
- Maintain ships documents, keep certificates and records on file and up-to-date, upload and download accounts, photos, forms and certificates.
- Coordinate all captain and crew employment procedures; assist with crew selection verify documents, coordinate employment contracts, insurance and travel logistics.
- Coordinate with Yacht Accountant to monitor monthly budgets and communicate/anticipate overages, purchasing and spending thresholds, VAT, invoices and payments, client funds and funds requests.
- Assure good flow of communication between yacht and other departments including Accounting, Technical, Compliance and Charter.
- Assist with technical support, ISM meetings, internal audits, SSP reviews and manuals.
- Coordinate insurance, vendor service contracts.
- Provide shore support and assistance to yacht as needed; problem solving and decision making with an awareness of possible consequences.
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years industry specific experience required. Experience in a similar role would be ideal or relevant sea –going experience in a senior position.
- Practical knowledge of yacht operational standards and procedures; familiarity with ISM and ISPS implementation a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal required to liaise confidently and professionally with colleagues, clients, captains and crew.
- Familiarity with financial statements and reporting.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Above average IT skills required, MS Office Suite & Outlook.
- English is the base language, French and other languages a plus.
- Must be legal to work in the U.S.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Broker to join our team in Monaco.
- Generate sales and business as per targets set
- Prepare accurate and well-presented selection of available yachts to clients
- Provide advice on the market, yacht purchase and sales
- Provide immediate/effective response to any issue arising during the sales process
Experience & Skills
- Highly motivated, reliable, flexible and eager to learn
- English mandatory (French advantageous but not required)
- Excellent knowledge of the superyacht industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ superyacht sales brokerage experience with history and pattern leading successful yacht sales transactions
- Experience conducting condition surveys and sea trials
- European passport/work permit or Monaco residency required
- Sound understanding of the yacht sales process and contracts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills