Construction Project Management
Hill Robinson has a strong team of highly qualified project managers. Ex-captains, naval architects, engineers and surveyors all work together to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of your build project. Each individual provides a unique skill set and we offer management solutions to suit each build’s specific requirements.
Our project management for new builds provides owners with exceptional value and our extensive practical and technical knowledge enables enhanced quality control.
We have worked with the world’s leading shipyards and designers, and are proud to have been involved with some of the industry’s most iconic and significant vessels.
- Shipyard analysis for comparison of cost and quality
- Specification, design and contract review
- Technical advice and representation
- Management of Owner’s obligations and owner supply items
- Continuity through the life cycle of the build and onward into the operations phase
- Efficient management of warranty claims
- Commissioning and sea trials
- Regular reports
- Positive teamwork focused on solutions and results
“We take a personalised approach to every new build project. We help an owner identify their usage needs, cruising plans and vessel requirements, consulting on construction materials, hull design, exterior aesthetic, technical innovation, environmental impact and efficiency. Our wide-reaching experience and expertise means we can confidently advise on suitable shipyards and will negotiate the best terms on the owner’s behalf.”
Director of Projects
Technical Support and Refits
Hill Robinson’s technical support team is available to help with routine maintenance issues and technical queries, as well as provide emergency assistance and advice on insurance claims. The team is available 24/7 and whatever level of technical support you need, we’re just a phone call away.
We can liaise with class and flag states, source spares and arrange surveys – simple tasks that often require patience, diplomacy and language skills. The support is an invaluable resource for many owners and captains.
- Emergency technical support 24/7
- Technical management and onsite supervision
- General condition surveys
- Planning and managing refits, including refit contract negotiation
- Quality control and maintenance reviews
- Cost and budget control
- Coordination of annual flag state surveys and audits
- Risk management
- VSat Airtime
Spares and Procurement
The smart way with spares sourcing, purchasing power for better pricing
Hill Robinson has a dedicated procurement team committed to making sure our customers are always getting the best competitive prices. Using the advantage of the Hill Robinson purchasing power that comes from buying for a fleet of yachts, delivers better contracts with suppliers resulting in better prices, service and quality. Benchmarking prices and long term relationships with key suppliers enhances the procurement support whether you need urgent spares in the middle of the season or for an extended refit.
- Ordering and Processing
- Invoicing and Administration
- Parts and Provisioning
- Owners Supply and Project Management
- Special Projects
- Assistance with Customs clearance and VAT